Are you going to be on campus for J-Term? Check out building hours for most commonly used buildings on campus (effective Jan. 6-24):
Olmsted Center (Underground Fitness is closed):
M-F 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. closed on weekends
Olmsted Coffee Shop:
M-F 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. , closed on weekends
M-Th 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., F 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat and Sun 1 – 5 p.m.
M-Th 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., F 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sat 1-5 p.m., Sun 1 – 7 p.m.
Hubbell Dining Hall (Quad Creek Creek Cafe):
M-F 7:30-9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., 5 – 6:30 p.m., Sat and Sun 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., 5 – 6:30 p.m.
All halls re-open for residents at noon on Jan. 25.
Here we will present you with course updates on J-Term as they become available.
- ART150 Adobe InDesign Maste Class: No longer requires ART021 or JMC059 as a prerequisite.
- Leadership at Sea: Preference will be given to students enrolled in the LEAD concentration and/or the Adams Leadership Academy.
- ART150 Introduction to Letterpress: New course that is pursuing approval as Artistic Experience AOI. Contact Professor Sarah McCoy with questions.
MAKE YOUR MARK ON CAMPUS
Brand the University’s new J-Term Program
Enter your logo designs and make a lasting impression on campus culture.
Students of all majors are welcome to submit their designs for this new part of the Drake experience.
Submit your designs in the drop box outside Meredith Hall 110 by 3pm February 22.
The winning design, as selected by an area professional, will be unveiled at the J-Term Fair February 28 in Parents Hall, where the winner will receive a $50 gift card to the University Bookstore.
For questions please contact Dorothy Pisarski, Associate Professor of Advertising, at x1857 or Dorothy.Pisarski@Drake.edu
- Provide paper copies of work in both portrait and landscape formats set where you deem appropriate for letterhead design.
- You must submit the work in black-and-white, with an additional option for a color design as well.
- No personal identification should appear on your entries. Submit a cover sheet listing your name, phone number and email address with the entry packet. The packet can be clipped together; you can also use a folder or envelope.
Watch tonight’s meeting LIVE thanks to Drake Broadcasting at drakebroadcasting.com/live!
24 hour study space is being worked on. Updates to follow as they become available.
Drake will be host the Iowa Caucuses on December 10th. The event will be aired nationwide on ABC News. More on the ABC News website.
J-Term dates still waiting to be finalized by faculty. It would start no earlier than December 27th. This would adjust the spring semester to have 7 weeks, Spring Break, 7 more weeks of schooling then finals week.