Below is a comprehensive calendar for the Drake Relays built with Students, Faculty and Staff in mind — Print the full schedule
1) Schedule of Events
Friday, April 17th:
Street Painting: 4-7PM, Painted Street
Saturday, April 18th:
Habitat for Humanity Build Day, 2 shifts: 8:00-11:00AM – Checking in at 7:30AM and 12:00PM-3:00PM — Checking in at 11:30AM. Old Main Parking Lot. Sign-up to Volunteer!
Sunday, April 19th:
The 36th Annual Beautiful Bulldog Contest: 12:30PM Judging, 2PM Pageant, Knapp Center #BeautifulBulldog
SAB Pancake Brunch: 10AM-Noon, Olmsted
Monday, April 20th:
SAB Relays Carnival: 4-7PM Helmick Commons
Tuesday, April 21st:
SAB Book Bash: 3:30-5PM, Upper Olmsted — Volunteer for the event
Grand Blue Mile: events start at 6PM, Grand Avenue and 13th St. Downtown
Wednesday, April 22nd:
Pole Vault Downtown: Bussing: 4:15-7:45PM, Event 5-7PM, Court Ave.
Downtown Street Painting: 1-4:30PM Court Ave, Downtown
SAB presents “Buried Life”: 9PM Olin 101
Thursday, April 23rd:
Drake Relays Presented by Hy-Vee Distance Carnival: 3-5:30PM and 7:30-9:30PM Drake Stadium
Friday, April 24th:
Drake Relays Presented by Hy-Vee: 8AM-3:30PM and 5-9:15PM Drake Stadium
Free Drake Relays Concert Pretended by SAB: featuring 3OH!3 9:30PM at Drake Plaza – Drake Stadium Fan Zone (west of the stadium)
Saturday, April 25th:
Drake Relays Presented by Hy-Vee: 8AM-5PM Drake Stadium
Flick on the Floor, Monsters University: 7PM, Knapp Center
Sunday, April 26th:
Hy-Vee Road Races at the Drake Relays Half-marathon: 7:30 AM — 10K, 7:50 AM —5K, 10:30 AM
***Official Relays Host and Hostess are Mark Reiter and Natalie Larson!***
In partnership with students, parents, faculty, alumni, athletes and visitors we work with the Athletic Department, the Office of the Dean of Students and the Des Moines Police Department to help ensure a safe campus.
- When on campus, in the case of an emergency, dial (515) 271-2222. We recommend that all students have this number programmed into their phones.
- We also recommend that all students download the Rave Guardian App.
- Look out for one another, let your friends and roommates know where you are going and when to expect you back. When possible travel in pairs at night.
- If you see something, say something. If you see a problem or are concerned for your fellow students or campus visitors, call Drake Public Safety.
- Be sure to lock your vehicle.
- Secure your valuables at all times.
- Do not allow strangers into your Residence Halls.
- Lock Residence Hall and apartment doors.
- If you choose to drink, please do so responsibly.
With the exception of Lots 16 (Olmsted), 17 (Fieldhouse) and 18 North and South (Stadium) — all parking lots are open to Drake Permit Holders as per normal.
-Lots 1, 2, 3, 4 and 10 will be shared with pay and reserved parking users on Friday and Saturday.
-Lot 16 will close partially or entirely starting Wednesday, 4/22/15 – Sunday, 4/26/15.
-Lot 17 will be closed starting Sunday, 4/19/15 – Sunday 4/26/15.
-Lot 18 will be closed Wednesday, 4/22/15 – Saturday, 4/25/15.
*The most up to date parking information is posted on Blue View from Wednesday, April 15 – Sunday, April 26th.