Welcome Back to Drake!
I hope everyone had a great first week of school and a wonderful holiday weekend!
This is the first post in my weekly blogging series. It is my hope that this blog will further communicate the “happenings” of Drake and the actions of your student government.
The blogs will be posted every Monday on our website (DrakeSenate.com). If you would like me to address a certain topic in my blog, please email me at Amanda.Laurent@drake.edu. Hopefully you find these posts informational and helpful to your Drake experience.
We had our first Student Senate meeting on Thursday in Cowles Room 201. Here is a quick recap:
Frank McGown was named Student Body Auditor
Senator Slade was named President Pro-Temp
Student Senate’s judicial committee was voted on with Senator Keller as the Chair
“Bulldogs for Barack” was approved as an Ad Hoc organization
A representative from the library also came and spoke about the new renovations
Student Senate is very excited about the new “AfterHours” space.
Things to look for this week:
- Activities/Involvement Fair (Wednesday, Sept. 5th from 4 – 7pm – Olmsted)
- Greek Recruitment (Begins Wednesday, Sept. 5th and continues through the end of the week)
- Alpha Phi Omega Recruitment will be going on throughout the week
- A Presentation: Navigating a Hook-up Culture (Thursday Sept. 6th 6:30- 8pm- Olmsted 132)
- Last Day to Drop a Class Without a “W” (Friday Sept. 7th)
Big congratulations to Drake’s football team for beating Grand View on Thursday, and also a shout out to an impressive student section!
That’s all for now, more to come next Monday. Have a great week!